Advanced Tax Pro Education Packages
• Will you have this new designation? Registered Tax Return Preparer:
• Although individuals may already have a provisional preparer tax identification number (PTIN) from the IRS, these individuals do not have to pass the exam until December 31, 2013. The examination may be taken at any time. You will have to determine which test is best suited to your location.
• The Test will have approximately 120 questions combination of multiple choice/true and false formats. Questions will be valued differently, and individuals will receive a pass or fail score with diagnostic feedback provided to those who fail.
• The test vendor, Prometric, Inc. worked with the IRS and the tax preparer community to develop this specialized exam. The time limit for the registered Tax Return Preparer taken at one of the roughly 260 Prometric facilities nationwide.
• Again the fee, charged by Prometric to take the test is $116. Remember this fee is separate from the PTIN user fee. There is currently no limit on the number of times preparers can take the test but they must pay the fee each time.